Monday

A Valentine Poem

Valentine's Day is a day of loving,
A day of hope, a day of sharing
Lovers are seen, together and happy
Everywhere you look, smiling faces are many.
Nobody seems to be lonely or mad,
Though some of us are feeling quite sad.
In the eyes of some, tears are showing
Not everyone on Valentine's are celebrating.
Everyone should be with someone during this time,
So why am I alone on this Valentine??

***********************************************
[HISTORY:
My first acrostic poem (read first letter of each line)! Valentine poem written on a whim. I don't remember when I wrote it, but it's in my notebook...]


1 comment:

  1. I love this poem =) A day I look forward to and at the same time, a day that you are aware of other women's feelings especially when they are sad.
    -- iryn

    ReplyDelete